What is the Best Collagen Supplement for Skin
What is the Best Collagen Supplement for Skin
Collagen supplements are popular because they support the skin and are essential to the underlying structure of the human skeleton. Sagging of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles are both due to a lack of collagen.
Collagen is one of the most important proteins in our body. Organized as a network of fibres, it serves a large number of tissues including skin, cartilage, bone, tendons and muscles where it provides strength.
It gives them strength through flexibility and elasticity.
Many people with arthritis or bone pain had their pain reduced through the use of collagen supplements. If you are orthopaedic or if you have severe bone pain surgery, consider a collagen supplement program that will help you to operate and endurance of your body and reduce pain levels.
Many people also use collagen to improve the appearance of hair, skin and nails. Recently the appearance of lip balms, skin products and other collagen-based products have proved popular because they give a better appearance. Collagen injections, creams and beauty products for the face are in high demand right now.
There are 19 known types of collagen, but the most important are the type I. These are the most abundant making up the skin, ligaments, tendons and bones. Type II meanwhile, represents more than 50% of cartilage proteins.
The decrease in type I collagen in the skin, normal with age, causes the appearance of wrinkles. The skin tends to wrinkle as it loses its elasticity. This is why we find collagen in many cosmetics products and supplements with "anti-aging" properties.
However you should know that collagen creams do not cause the disappearance of wrinkles. Collagen is indeed too big a molecule to reach the dermis skin and is ineffective in the fight against skin aging. The creams are mainly used to soften the skin because the collagen cream is a great moisturizer that does not grease the skin.
Clinical studies of collagen - Skin hydration, anti-wrinkle action.
It had been known for many years that collagen taken daily improves hydration and suppleness of the skin and reduces the depth of wrinkles. The use of collagen hydrolysate has been common for a long time in Japan and Asia, where the collagen solutions are absorbed by millions of women.
Clinical studies have shown that the absorption of 10 g per day of collagen hydrolysate had an interesting effect on the skin. Collagen had a moisturizing effect on the skin and helps lessen deep wrinkles.
BELOW IS A LIST OF THE BEST COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS FOR SKIN
Collagen is also used to restore tissues. Intradermal injections of collagen can fill skin depressions, wrinkles or scars. It is also used in bone grafting. This collagen is unfortunately temporary and its lifetime is of the order of 6 to 18 months. Tests should be performed before injection to detect any risk of allergy.
The reputation of collagen was also based on the relief that it could bring in the pain associated with osteoarthritis. Type II collagen is included in some supplements used to treat this disease. It is often combined with glucosamine or chondroitin.
Collagen could help stimulate the formation of collagen in cartilage, but there is still much work to do to really define the active doses and mechanisms of action.
Finally, in rheumatoid arthritis, complex immunological mechanisms destroy collagen type II cartilage. It has been shown that oral intake of chicken collagen type II could reduce the intensity of these mechanisms and therefore have a positive effect in the treatment of this disease.
The Naturally Skinsational eBook shares the simple secrets that will teach you how to use the potent rejuvenating properties of common all natural ingredients to effectively rejuvenate your skin.
If you are considering starting a course of collagen supplements, some points to consider:
1. Determine your needs. If you are taking collagen for arthritis, bone pain or to heal a wound, you can consider mixtures of Glucosamine - like glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, etc. If you are interested in collagen supplements for aesthetic reasons, you will be more interested in non-Glucosamine supplements. Note that there are three types of collagen: Collagen I, II and III. Collagen II is mainly used for arthritis-related needs.
2. Determine additional supplements. Vitamin C helps collagen formation therefore taking vitamin C supplements is a good idea. If you cannot take vitamin C, remember to increase your dietary intake of vitamin C in your daily diet as collagen needs vitamin C.
If you want to maintain collagen for cosmetic reasons - Wrinkle Reduction - Vitamin C is essential.
You may also like to try Alpha-lipoid acid which recycles vitamin C nutrients already in your body, which will increase the effectiveness of vitamin C that is already working to maintain collagen.
Alpha lipoid acid is also an excellent antioxidant that helps reduce oedema associated with bone pain or injury. It removes toxins and improves fluid functionality which is the origin of pain. It is also ideal for the appearance of your skin.
Glucosamine also works well with collagen supplements for arthritis and bone pain, but has no direct impact on the production and maintenance of collagen. Glucosamine provides the building blocks of collagen. Glucosamine is needed for healthy structure and function of joints for optimum mobility
Glucosamine and chondroitin are relatively cheap and can be effective. They are therefore generally used for bone pain.
3. Determine the appropriate dose. The doses are determined in relation to the reason for taking collagen. There is no risk of overdose to collagen because it is water soluble and can be rapidly eliminated by the body. However this means that it must be regenerated regularly. The FDA considers Collagen supplements as a food substance. If you are taking collagen for cosmetic reasons or bone non-rheumatoid arthritis, about 5-6 grams are sufficient.
4. Select a price range. Mixtures of glucosamine and collagen are more expensive, but usually considered a safe bet. They are often very effective in reducing pain and medication use while increasing function. Within three months is necessary to evaluate the reduction of your arthritis pain. Many variations are available as Brand Move Free. Your doctor or pharmacist can recommend a brand that seems to work him. Friends who suffer from arthritis pains can recommend certain brands of supplements. Choose a good brand to correct price for daily use. A good recommendation for a daily supplement of collagen:Neocell Super Collagen Type 1 and 3, 6000mg plus Vitamin C, 250 Count.
5. Evaluate your allergies, medications, and lifestyle. Some supplement capsules contain sugar additives, wheat, yeast, gluten, soy, salt, or seafood. You have to read the labels for any possible allergies. Seafood, in particular, is a risk with a supplement of glucosamine and may not properly be associated with all medical drugs for high blood pressure.
Also check if your collagen is made with chicken or beef if you have concerns of mad cow disease or beef products. Vegetarians and vegans will also need to check the ingredients of all the collagen supplements. Glucosamine is not usually administered for vegans or vegetarians. Vitamin C is another form of collagen supplements that allows higher doses than the production of natural collagen.
Vitamin supplements are available in many forms such as Vitamin C liquid. You can also get Vegetarians supplements that contain all the necessary supplements for the maintenance and production of your own collagen, without any animal ingredients.
You can purchased it online here.
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE
Like What You Read?
If so, please join to receive exclusive weekly tips & tools to overcome anxiety and panic attacks, and get a FREE COPY of my eBook, How to Recover & Cure Yourself of Anxiety & Panic Attacks!